Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My Year in Lists (Anyone Catch the Reference?)

Rather than post something about whats the blah blah blah best music of the year blah blah blah, here is what i actually through worth downloading in 2009:
  • Coraline Soundtrack (Bruno Coulais, Various Artists)
  • Bitte Orca (Dirty Projectors)
  • Around the Well (Iron & Wine)
  • Its Not Me, Its You (Lily Allen)
  • My One and Only Thrill (Melody Gardot)
  • No One's First, and You're Next (Modest Mouse)
  • Living Thing (Peter Bjorn and John)
  • Realm Dwellers (Terrior Bute)
  • Its Blitz! (Yeah Yeah Yeahs)
  • Merriweather Post Pavilion (Animal Collective)
  • Actor (St. Vincent)
  • Wolfgang Amadeus Phoneix (Phoneix)
  • Here Comes Science (Audio + Video) (They Might Be Giants)
  • The Boy Who Knew Too Much (MIKA)
  • Embryonic (The Flaming Lips)
  • I Told You I Was Freaky (Flight of the Conchords)
  • Manners (Passion Pit)
Okay, from this list here's the top 5 that's worth listening to:
  1. My One and Only Thrill
  2. Living Thing
  3. Here Comes Science (especially the videos)
  4. Merriweather blah blah blah
  5. Bitte Orca
I am going to let the music speak for iteself, save two comments:
  1. Not many people are familiar with the young Neo-Jazz musical wonder that is Melody Gardot, but she brings a such a refined level pure talent that's worth listening to. 
  2. Here Come Science is more than a children's album. Well, okay, I may only like it because it has geeky sciencey references that I get and find hilarious, but I think its just the knees of bees (or the coops of mustards)
Please comment with:

"guys what the fuck. you forgot [this band i really like], and the glaring omission of [this other band that i really like that i try to get all my friends into] is outright inexcusable. don't even get me started on the absence of [this other band i really like that no one else knows and make me sound elite]"

    3 comments:

    1. guys what the fuck. you forgot Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and the glaring omission of Fanfarlo is outright inexcusable. don't even get me started on the absence of Local Natives.

      Also, Terrier Bute's playing at the Eagle's Nest in Milwaukee next week. Just a heads up.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I had iTunes sort by year, but anything I hypothetically illegally downloaded only shows up about half the time

      ReplyDelete
    3. and i did not forget the yeah yeah yeahs

      ReplyDelete